Existing tax payers under the earlier law will be migrated to the new system and will be issued a provisional certificate
- They will have to provide basic details within six months
- Final certificate of registration after providing basic details
- Professional registration sufficient for day to day operations
- Migration irrespective of threshold and turnover
- Subsequent reversal of migration
FAQ on GSTIN Migration
- GST Portal only way to register. No paper based application.
- Prior enrollment not required for registration
- Once a complete application is submitted online, a message asking for confirmation will be sent through e-mail and SMS to the authorized signatory of the applicant.
- On receipt of such confirmation from the authorized signatory, Acknowledgement Number would be generated and intimated to the applicant.
- On approval of registration, GSTIN and password will be communicated to the applicant.